Sunday, February 15, 2009

My First Week Couponing

I'm actually pretty impressed with myself. I didn't realize that it would be that easy to start saving money right away. There are some really great blogs out there to get info from, and they walk you through step-by-step.


In this first week, I got lots of free/really cheap products from Walgreens, using the Easy Saver rebates and coupons, as well as register rewards, which I used to buy the other products that I'll be getting rebates on.

This week I've also rented 2 free movies from Redbox, thanks to codes posted on blogs(in the future I'll write them down, so I can give credit where credit is due) and gave a $10 gift certificate to Rizzo's restaurant to a friend that I bought for $1.50 at Restaurant.com. DH and I also plan to use a $25 gift certificate for the Drunken Fish this evening that I bought for $4.

I've accumulated tons of coupons in just one week from the Sunday paper and a local weekly paper as well as online printables. Hopefully soon I will be able to add links to all of these sites to my blog(This week's project). I made a trip to Wal-mart for snacks, cereal, etc. for the week and saved $12 off a $60 total before coupons. All things I would have bought anyway!

Finally, I clipped and organized all coupons this morning using a 3 ring binder and Yu-gi-oh card holders that I stole from my son. Looks like it will work pretty well, we'll see how it goes!


I was disappointed that I still can't load photos to my computer, I really wanted to post a photo of the beautiful flowers hubby brought me for Valentine's Day-hopefully that will be resolved soon! Off to get my Sunday paper for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment